Monday, September 19, 2016



St CLAIR

St Clair is a library I helped design but never got to see it open as I resigned before it was completed. A nice small library that fills an important role in its community and filled with children attending story-time while we were there.  

The library supervisor, Chen found a way to get my bike in and a journo and photographer made the best of it. A young girl offered to be in a picture or two. She had the cutest smile and was happy to pose for the cameraman. What seemed like a hundred snaps later she received a t shirt for her troubles and was very thankful.

I even met staff there that I had recruited when I was Penrith City Librarian in the 1980s.
St Clair branch library staff

St Clair branch library staff

St Clair branch library staff

St Clair branch library staff

Soon the others left and I was left to wheel the monster out of the shopping centre through the food court with Chen as a guide.

No comments: