Friday, November 20, 2009

Denman library

Denman library was open and all three staff came out to greet us. A nice new building that could become the standard design of rural libraries. A phone interview with the Central Coast ABC and then off to lunch at a local eatery.

biblio 2009 041

biblio 2009 036

BikieLibrarians 006

The pub had stopped serving meals so we went to a local cafĂ©. As I was about to bite into my repast one of the library staff came in and advised us that although it was 2.45pm we were expected in Mudgee by 4pm. I asked her how long should it take if we were to travel the sealed road via Ilford? About two and a half hours she said. No problem, I said, I’ll send Ross along ahead and he should be able to cover the 130k in an hour or so. He will easily make it by 4pm.

I looked across at Ross; he smiled and said, “An hour, an hour how slow do you think the yellow one goes?”

Alan A. called the waitress over and ordered another cup of coffee, “What’s the hurry,” he said, “it’s just over the next hill, and we’re librarians.”

No comments: